Atlas Security’s Armed Response Officers Are On High Alert Following Increased Crimes And Activity In Walmer.
Atlas Security has warned residents in Walmer to be more vigilant and alert following a spate of activity in the area. There has been a noticeable increase in movement, as lockdown restrictions have started easing, more human movement, in general, has been observed in the Walmer area. This includes general traffic, activity at properties where building or construction is ongoing and more vehicles entering the area. This creates potential problems as it has now become harder to differentiate between what is “real” and what could be a possible threat.
Over the last 2 weeks, there has been a total of 30 incidents in the entire Walmer area. 7 incidents have occurred within the DPS area, 3 of these incidents were arrests made by Atlas Security following trespassing incidents, 1 burglary at a cottage on a property while the remaining incidents were theft from properties, this included mountain bikes and theft out of a motor vehicle.
How can you mitigate the risk of becoming a victim?
• Ensure you have sufficient panic buttons, this includes remote panic buttons for yourself, domestic, or even gardener. Educate your children and whoever frequents your property often on how to use the panic buttons
• If you feel uncomfortable about individuals in your area, post on the Upper Walmer 911 Telegram group. This group has been set up, for you, as an additional layer of communication into our control room
• As a DPS client, flag down or request the DPS Officer to patrol the area or your property
• When sharing information, whether it be on the Telegram group, on a call to the DPS Desk in our control room, or directly with the DPS Officer, please ensure you provide accurate information of an individual/s.
• When reporting on suspicious vehicles, please provide the colour, make and more importantly, the registration number of the vehicle – This will allow our controllers in the control room to monitor the movement of the vehicle in the area, should it be listed on the database as suspicious. To read more about how the cameras in your area work, click here
• Do not leave anything of value outside – this only creates an opportunity for a lurking intruder.
Residents are often surprised when we explain how crime happens in waves and moves with the current trends. However, this is often the way that criminals operate. Arm your alarm and be more aware, our DPS Armed Response Officers have been alerted to be more aware