Caution urged as second attempted hijacking in PE
Atlas Security Operations Manager, Monty Montgomery warns that intruders
have been targeting outbuildings on a high scale this past week. It is a known
fact to them that most outbuildings are not securely protected and hardly ever
have alarms in. Have you ever evaluated yours? Makes you think doesn’t it.
The same applies to schools, churches, domestic and business outbuildings. They are all targeted and being hit. Please ensure extra precaution is taken to keep your valuables safe. How often do you leave your garage door or outbuilding open… in full view of potential thugs to see your tools or other possessions? Even if you are in a seemingly ‘safe’ neighbourhood, there are still thieves who lurk around all day looking for opportunities. If there is no car in the garage, what does that tell them? You probably aren’t home! Keep your garage door closed at all times!
1. Be sure your garage door and any entrance doors are in good repair so that they close completely and lock. Double keyed dead bolt locks are best for side entry doors.
2. If you have an attached garage, keep the entry door from the garage to your home locked.
3. Bicycles are a preferred item stolen from garages. Keep them locked to a fixed object while in the garage. Record the serial numbers, makes and colours and, if possible, store your bicycles with a wheel or seat removed from the frame.
5. Lock your car while it is in the garage and do not leave valuables in your car, especially not your keys.
6. Do not leave items like golf clubs, expensive sporting equipment and power tools in plain view from the street.
Report any suspicious activity in your neighbourhood to ATLAS SECURITY on 0861 585 585. You can remain anonymous.
Vehicles left on site or unattended were the favourite of the week with wheels being stolen and spare wheels. Anything left unattended were taken. Theft out of motor vehicle and theft of motor vehicles as well as hijackings are still very high. Be alert and look around when driving especially when parking. A forewarning will save your life.
Home invasions are still far too high. Residents are getting hurt and are left traumatized week after week. Please be careful and secure properly to ensure your safety. Arm your alarm at night. Try to arm as many zones as you can.
Criminals have proven to be full of clever ideas to gain entry this week. Removing window frames, kicking and forcing doors, even removing extractor fans or air cons. Make sure you have a plan.
Lastly, don’t forget to keep scooters and motorbikes also safe as they are also targeted. Let’s work together to keep our city safe. Stay safe and rest assured, your world is secure in Atlas’ hands.