Heartless Robbers Poisons Dog
Atlas Security is concerned at the rising number of dog poisoning incidents, with the latest incident occurring in Summerstrand where robbers had allegedly poisoned a dog to gain access to the property, the suspects stole two motorbikes. The dog sadly died.
Atlas Security has responded to 5 incidents recently where robbers have allegedly poisoned animals. In Glendinningvale a resident noted a large piece of meat that was thrown over her boundary wall, fortunately she spotted it and removed the meat before any of the animals could eat it. In the last month, animals were poisoned in Fairview, Charlo, Parsons Ridge, Glendinningvale and Summerstrand.
Operations Manager, Monty Montgomery advised residents to perhaps consider additional security options like CCTV, this could assist in identifying the suspect or suspects and assist the SAPS in their investigation and profiling, in some cases there could be a link.
If you suspect that your dog has been poisoned you should immediately take it to a vet. You can try to treat the dogs yourself, but it’s always better to seek veterinary assistance as soon as possible. Signs may vary depending on the type of poison swallowed and they can be as mild as lethargy, malaise, and weakness to gastrointestinal signs like vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, and nausea. If your pet has started vomiting, gather a sample of it in a plastic bag and take it with you to your vet immediately. It may be used for testing and analysis
As traumatic as this can be for animal lovers, we’d like to urge you to please open up a case in the event of a dog poisoning incident with the SAPS.