Not all parents get to take time off during the holidays….with school holidays approaching, we’ve provided some safety tips that we feel you should equip your children with.
* Identify a trusted neighbour or emergency contact for both you and your child.
* Enforce strict rules about answering the door and consider a doorbell camera. Even “bad” guys can look nice or impersonate professionals we should trust. Front door security cameras can help you see who stopped by and even greet them via your smartphone. (Atlas Security has these solutions for you)
* Plan for emergencies and any unforeseen situations. Keep emergency numbers by the phone, and make sure your children know your address and when to call 10111 or Atlas Security on 0861 585 585. The best is to ensure they know where the panic buttons in the home are, or have them carry around a remote panic around their neck. A panic signal is prioritised over any other signal we receive. Discuss what to do during an emergency or unexpected event. Role play situations and outline steps they should take if the power goes out, you are late getting home, etc.
* Keep an eye on them with home security CCTV cameras. With our Atlas Security Insight product, you’ll be able to check up on them in your home at any point (Subject to have a internet connection)
* Teach your children how to secure all locks and alarms when they are in the home alone. Have them show you how to arm and disarm the alarm system and secure all door locks and window locks. Making sure they understand the importance of getting into this habit is crucial for their safety.
* If they answer the phone to a stranger wanting to know if their parents are home. Have them tell the party that their parents are busy right now and they will have to call back later.
We want your children to rest and experience the best holiday if they’re home. But security is a high priority and needs to be taken seriously. We’re here to keep them safe too.