Monty Montgomery, Atlas Security Operations Manager reassures our residents that while you’re away on holiday, you should not have to worry about being called back because something has gone wrong at home. Peace of mind, though, is seldom truly achieved when people leave their home for extended periods. Even if you have a responsible family member or an old and trusted friend stay at your house while you are away, there could still be a break-in. In short, to really relax you need a key holder who can report any problems to you, Atlas Security and the Police. Whoever is looking after her home must know about your burglar alarm procedure and their responsibilities as a key holder.
Your burglar alarm is designed to detect an intruder after an offence has been committed. We suggest you lessen this risk through “target hardening”. This refers to methods that make your business more theft resistant or more difficult to damage. Strengthening your property’s possible weak points can make a criminal’s job considerably tougher and more laborious – thus providing a more effective deterrent to crime.
In particular, we suggest you evaluate your interior and exterior lighting and other physical security barriers such as gates and burglar bars, spikes on high walls, electric fencing and access control measures. Contact Atlas on 0861 585 585 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a Security Professional to visit you and reassess your risk.
This week our main focus was preventing losses. This means faster response times in order to make an arrest and prevent greater damages.
A challenging time lies ahead with loadshedding looming. Monty urges residents to assist in the fight against crime. Make sure you have a good back up battery system to ensure that your alarm is up and running. During this time, Monty advises residents to be the eyes and ears on the ground. Make use of your neighbours and whatsapp group to keep your community safe.
House robberies tend to flourish during this time. Make sure all your security measures are in place and that you do not let your guard down. The last thing you want is to become a victim and a statistic. Be aware of your surroundings at all times. Criminals always wait for opportunities to pounce.
Take care when driving or walking and where you leave your vehicles. Stay sharp and also be aware armed robberies still that are still ongoing.
Keep your firearms safe this festive season – criminals want them!At this time of year, it is known – based on past trends and what we’ve witnessed in the last few weeks – that criminals stock up on ammunition. Don’t become a victim of gun theft.
Lastly, some tips before heading off on
1. Lock all doors and close all windows before arming the alarm.
2. Close curtains and place random lights on timer switches.
3. Do not leave valuables in full view of someone peeping through a window.
4. Have your garden maintained while away, if possible.
5. Ask a friend or neighbour to collect your mail or newspapers that are delivered.
6. Leave your cell number with a neighbour in case of an emergency.
7. If you have pets, arrange for someone to visit and feed them.
8. Leave keys and details with a trusted person.
9. Supply key holder information, in the event of an emergency, to your security company control room.
10. Inform your security company that you will be away.
11. Do not leave alarm codes and passwords written down lying around the house.
12. Ensure that all keys are out of the doors, particularly glass doors.
13. Make sure that your alarm is set to activate all zones and not only a select few.
Stay safe and rest assured, your world is secure in Atlas’ hands.
We would like to thank you for being a loyal ATLAS customer. If you are satisfied and pleased with our service, then we are 100% sure that your circle of friends will want to hear about us too! So do yourselves and your friends a favour by referring them to Atlas Security and receive a gift certificate from us. Simply list their names on a form (you can download it from our website) and we will send them information about ATLAS Security.