Walmer Businesses Targeted
It seems as though the Walmer area in the Metro is turning into a targeted hotspot for criminal activity.
There has been a total of 8 known positive incidents in the last 6 days, with an even spread between residential and business activity. The common modus operandi indicates that access to the premises is gained through the removal of windows and grabbing laptops/computers that are closest to the windows, which allows them to steer clear of being detected by any sensors.
Here are a few tips to ensure that your alarm system as the best chance of detecting intruders as early as possible:
- Ensure that your alarm is in working order and that your battery is tested and in good condition.
- Ensure that your passive sensors have an unobstructed view of as much of the area as possible.
- Ensure that fence alarms/outside beams are clear of any obstructions.
- Test panic buttons regularly for peace of mind that the Atlas Security Control Room is receiving your signal.
- Ensure that your alarm system is regularly upgraded.