We Aren’t Going Anywhere During Lockdown
In response to the highly contagious COVID-19 (Corona virus) yesterday, 23 March 2020, President Cyril Ramaphosa made the far-reaching announcement to place South Africa under a national lockdown from midnight Thursday 26 March 2020 until Thursday 16 April 2020. We repeat the call for all citizens to heed the directive and comply with these drastic, but necessary actions. It is important to stay at home during this time and limit contact with persons other than those in your household.
Atlas Security has received guidance from our regulatory body (SAIDSA) regarding the implications for us. Private security companies have been classified as essential services during the lockdown period and will remain operational, as far as practicably possible.
We will however operate under strict conditions to ensure the safety of our staff and clients.
Contact with our staff will be limited in the following manner;
– staff will adhere to strict hygiene standards both on our premises and off premises. With regular hand sanitization;
– staff who feel sick will be asked to stay at home;
– STRICTLY no physical contact with armed response officers or other staff;
– maintain a distance of at least 3m with any Atlas staff member;
– no visitors to the Atlas Security premises is permitted, please rather use electronic means to communicate and make payments;
We ask that you respect the health and welfare of our staff during this time, especially those on the frontlines who cannot stay at home.
Where an Atlas Security staff member feels that a situation or premises may prejudice their own health – they reserve the right to withdraw from the situation or premises.
Atlas Security will continue to responsibly assist any emergency and security services during these extraordinary times. We need to stand together in the face of this global pandemic.